Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feb 27 Bible study

Feb 27

Old Testament Reading; Leviticus 1:1-3:17
3:17 “This is a lasting ordinance fort the generations to come, wherever you live:  You must no eat any fat or any blood.”

Kimberly’s thoughts; when I think of eating fat, I think of my Grandma Muzzy.  She used to love to eat the fat off the steak!  She said it was the best part.  Grandma died in her early 70’s.  I think she died way to early.  My point is; avoid eating the fat.  There is already plenty of fat in our regular diet without eating it intentionally.

New Testament Reading; Mark 9:33-10:12
9:49-50 “Everyone will be salted with fire.  50Salt is food, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again?  Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”
10:11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her.  12And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; I wish I would have truly thought about these scriptures before I married.  I am divorced.  I thought it was a reasonable option.  I received my council on marriage and divorce from this world, not from God.

Psalm 27:1-6
“The Lord is my light and my salvation-who shall I fear?”
Kimberly’s thoughts; the opposite of faith is fear.  Lord, let each of us walk in faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment