Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8 Bible study

March 8, 2014

Old Testament Reading; Leviticus 17:1-18:30

Here it talks about unlawful sexual relations.  It describes a variety of relationships that are off limits. 
18:27  “for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled.  28And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; I believe God teaches us what sexual sins to avoid, because as a fallen humane race we all have tendencies to go toward sexual sins.  He warns that sexual sin leads to complete destruction.   Our countries attitude toward sexual sin today, make me feel that we are doomed to be vomited out.

New Testament Reading; Mark 14:17-42
In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus went to pray and asked his disciples to keep watch.
37 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping.  “Simon”, He said to Peter, “are you asleep?  Could you not keep watch for one hour?  38 Watch and pray so that you will no fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Kimberly’s thoughts; I have to continually ask God for strength to let my flesh be willing, I want to be a good steward of all he has given me, but I often fall asleep. (So to speak)

Psalm 31:9-18 

14 “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.””

No comments:

Post a Comment