Friday, February 26, 2016

Fit Bit (Up 75 pounds)

Fit Bit (Up 75lbs!)
I spoke with a woman yesterday who told me she was “Up 75 pounds!”
That is a major change of life!   You see gaining weight requires one to eat more calories then they expend.  It’s truly a simple math equation calories in verses calories out.  Personally my weight bounces between 137 and 150.  At 137 I am feeling very fit and actively training for endurance events such as the Birkie.  At 150 my ice cream intake is up and my workouts are casual.  Those behavior changes are what make the13-pound difference for me. 

If a person wants to maintain their ideal body weight, first they have to decide what does that fitness level look like?  Does he or she want to be able to walk everyday, ride bike competitively or play with their grandchildren without getting winded? 

What do you?  Are you at the fitness level and weight you want to be? If not, why not?

Weight Watchers teaches, “ A moment on the lips forever on the hips.” Temporary satisfaction can lead to much pain.  The Bible teaches us to be Spiritually minded not of the flesh.

My friend that is Up 75 pounds has decided to eat more and move less at the huge cost of her health.  My job is to inspire her to find things she is willing to do and do them!
 I want her to: 
1.  Know what to do.   
2.  Want to do it!

This is my smiley face Logo, the head is represents knowledge and the heart represents desire.


Most of us “know what to do” it’s the “want to” we struggle with.

My “want to” comes when I do it unto the Lord.  I let Him be my accountability partner.  (Whatsoever you do, do it heartedly unto the Lord.  After all, He is with us always 24/7!)

Mathew 28:20 “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment