Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fit Bit (Fitness starts in your heart)

Fit Bit (Fitness starts in your heart)
Currently I am on vacation.  I am taking the opportunity to try to “be still”.  Well anyone who knows me knows that my “be still” includes biking, swimming, walking and water skiing.  So how does that equal still?

What my goal is to remember to be at peace in the Lord.

How I am doing this is by devoting the first hour or so of my day to studying and meditating on His word.  I used to get up and go right to the bike or what ever I had on my agenda.  I did this to blow off my anxiousness and need for exercise.  I could never bike off my anxiety.  I could for a bit but then I would need to do it again.  When I take the time to be still and trust God in all things, I can truly be fit for all things.  When I let His peace rule my heart, exercise and activities are for my pleasure not my stress reliever.  It is a much more enjoyable way to  live.

So today, ask yourself is your heart at peace in the Lord?  Are you fit to handle what your day brings?  Is He first in your life?    For me to say yes to these questions, I need to start my day reading and meditating on His word.  I hope this little Fit Bit inspires you to do the same.

Psalm 103:1-3  “Bless the Lord O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy name.  2  Bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not al His benefits:  3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healtheth all thy deseases;”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly





No comments:

Post a Comment