Friday, February 5, 2021

Beam me up Scotty

 Acts 8:38"And he gave orders to stop the chariot.  Then both Philip and the Eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.  39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.  40 Philip, however appeared at Azotus and traveled about preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea."  Yesterday I told a friend of mine that I would like to be able travel like in Star Treck, "beam me up Scotty" Today I am reading Acts 8 and there is an example of this type of travel through the Holy Spirit.   Today I am thinking of the Holy Spirit and how He is our helper  our helper in all things but especially in our ability to believe and trust Jesus as our Lord.    I love that after the Enuch  was baptized he went out rejoicing!   That's how it is with our Triune God, He fills us with His Spirit so we can live in ability to TRUST Him in all things.  HIS Strength not ours.  Often my prayer is, "Father, fill me with your Holy Spirit that I may firmly believe and not wavier."   May His Holy Spirit strengthen and preserve you today and always 😇🙏♥️🌸🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment