Monday, August 20, 2018

Fit Bit (Suicide)

Fit Bit (Suicide)
It seems to me that Fit Bit and suicide in the same line in just not right.  Yet, when I started writing Fit Bits, the goal was to help others keep their lives centered on the love of Jesus while trying to be a good steward of what He has given them.  I started Faith Centered Fitness in an attempt to help others.  Originally, I wanted to help alcoholics apply health and wellness principles along with Biblical teachings to rebuild their lives.  I wanted to do this, because I was a struggling alcoholic and once I did the above I started to truly “GET WELL”.  Mainly, once I remembered that Jesus loves me no matter what, and I am forgiven that was the beginning of my wellness.  Many days, that is the only piece of my wellness that keeps me together.

Recently, my dear friend committed suicide.  I had wanted to help her.  She suffered with severe depression.  I tried to teach her my program.  Yet, the only step we could get to was, “Jesus loves you.”  She was so broken; she really struggled applying basic life skills.  It is natural,(so I am told), to feel like I failed her.   Yet, I need to remember, that she did trust that Jesus died on the cross for her and He rose again from the grave.  She knew she was a sinner and she confessed that she believed Jesus was her Savior.  I have to know that this makes her truly “FIT”. 

I do believe my Dear Friend is in Heaven with Jesus now.  I have to see her happy and at peace in the Lord, so I can feel peace too.  I cannot pretend to understand the many storms our lives hold.  What I do to keep myself FIT is to remember Jesus is there always.  There is nothing that can separate us from His unfailing love.

Psalm 16:18  “I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
Psalm 51:17  My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.”
Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
 and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Psalm 30:5  “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning”.

BE fit and be blessed,
Kimberly

http://faithcenteredfitness.com/holy/




No comments:

Post a Comment