Friday, July 21, 2023

Affliction to assention

Psalm 119:71 "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees."    

When I read this I think of the drunk driving ticket I received that made me realize I had to quit drinking.   That ticket was one of the best things that could have happened to me.  It was not pleasant to deal with.  Much of our plights are like that, not pleasant to deal with.    Some of our hardships can feel unbearable.    Philippians 4:13 " I can do everything through Him that gives me strength."   I am a much better person because I quit drinking and turned to Jesus.  I have true peace in my heart not a temporary numbing.   I praise the Lord for what seemed to be an affliction at the time.  I hope this helps you today too.   πŸ˜‡❤️πŸ™πŸŒΈπŸ’ƒ

Lead me to your truth O Lord, Your ways are everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment