Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Not so bold

Matthew 10:33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in Heaven."  This is the verse that hit me like a ton of bricks last night.  A friend of mine asked me to sing  “Amazing Grace” with her at the Karaoke.  I said, " Not here with this crowd". She said, "We could do the Elvis version, why not? ".  I just said no.  Wow! I think of myself as a fairly  bold Christian, but obviously not!   

Matthew 16:24 "Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."     I know I'm forgiven, Peter was forgiven for denying Jesus.  But "boy o boy", I am disappointed in myself.    I had a true chance to be bold and I failed.    How do you do being BOLD for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment