Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Stop sinning or something worse will happen to you

 John 5:14 “Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See you are well again.  Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”  Stop sinning or something worse will happen to you!! This reminds me of quitting drinking.   I would quit after something bad happened.  Then I would stop being fearful of drinking and decide I could try it again hoping that this time it wouldn’t end badly.    It always just got worse.   Hopefully my last bad experience is going to be enough to last me    for my life time.   What I have is today.   Today,  I will choose to stop sinning.   Yet, that is impossible.   I will try my best to stop sinning and fill myself with the love of Jesus.   I will try my best to be a God pleaser not a man pleaser.   Today, let’s do our best to  live James 4:7&8. “Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and He will come near to you.”   God loves us each so much that He takes the time to discipline us.   If we keep going down the wrong path, our consequences keep increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment