Proverbs 26:28. “A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.” I heard Dr David Jeremiah say “Gossip is saying something about someone behind their back that you wouldn’t say to their face and flattery is saying something to someones face you wouldn’t say behind their back.” A lying tongue is poison. When I was a drinker, I had learned to lie about almost everything. I didnt do it on purpose. I was just so embarrassed about who I was and what I was doing, I made up stories so I didn’t have to face up to my reality. I started lying and it became a way of life. If you would have asked me, “ Are you a lier?” I would have told you, “ I don’t lie!” I lied so much I believed my own lies. Even today, many years sober I have to fight the battle of believing lies that are in my head. Just because i think something doesn’t make it true. Today, may you walk in the Spirit of truth!! “A lying tongue hates who it hurts.” I used to hate the people that would catch me in a lie. So cool how the Bible has the answers. May you get yours today by reading His word!!
No comments:
Post a Comment