Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Chips first?

Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my informed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one came to be .....23 Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way of everlasting."    He knows each of us and everything we go through, He knows our anxious thoughts and is actively here to comfort us.    If God is here to comfort me, why do I seek comfort in other things?   Yesterday I noticed that I was eating chips again.  When I eat chips I don't eat good food. I grab a few handfuls of chips and skip the broccoli.   Same thing when I look for comfort outside of God.   I grab a big workout or eat chips and don't look to Jesus to comfort me.    We all fill ours lives with something.   What are you filling yourself with first?    Jesus said, "He is the bread of life", when we chose Him we will never thirst again.   Matthew 6:33 " Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.   Today, let’s be careful to chose Him first.   If we reach for the bad first we may forget to reach for Jesus. 😇🙏♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment