Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Making someone be who they aren’t

Psalm 55:12-14 " If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were raising himself against me I could hide from him.  13 But it is you , a man like myself, my companion, my close friend.  14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship as we walked with the throng at the house of God."   Yesterday I learned of, someone trying to make someone else, something that person is not.  The person in authority demanded a behavior that the other didn't have a natural talent to do.   Their trusted relationship turn into pain.  In this case the person In authority was trying to help the other grow, but it came across as, you are not good enough as you are.   People hurt us when they make us feel like we are not good enough as we are.    Rejection is one of the hardest things to not internalize. We do help each other when we encourage each other to try new helpful things.  It’s important to get out of our comfort zones and try new things or we get stuck in ruts.  There are many things we have talent for and many things, we simply don't.   God made us each on purpose for His purpose.  Yesterdays event is helping me look at my relationships.  Funny, how we can have such good intentions as we hurt the people around us.    Today, let's each intentionally love people were they are without trying to make them who we think they should be.     God is the one who makes people who they are.   46:10 " Be still and know that I am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment