Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Quick to promise?

Ecclesiastes 5:2-3 "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in Heaven and you are on Earth, so let your words be few.  3 As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words. 4 When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow."   It's easy for me to be hasty in words and promises.  When I was actively drinking I broke many promises , so now I try very hard to do what I say I will do.  Problem is, I'm still hasty with my words. I can be people pleasing above God pleasing.  Then, I loose peace and don't want to fulfill my promises.  Mostly, I fulfill my promises.  Sometimes I do so with many words of complaining.  “Lord help me serve you with a sincere heart and a mouth of praise and thanksgiving.😇🙏♥️🌸 Doing right with the wrong heart is not doing right at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment