Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Bitterness can fester if you let it.

Hebrews 12:14-15. "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.  15 See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."         See to it that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many!!!   Wow!!! Isn't is amazing how loudly the Bible can speak to us?  This verse is loud for me today because I'm harboring a hurt.  When I do this, it festers and becomes ugly.   I call myself a child of God.  I say that I try to love others as Jesus loves me.  Yet, when things don’t go the way I think they should, I pout, feel hurt and go down the rabbit hole of resentment.    This is INSANE, if I truly believe Gods ways are greater than mine!!! Yesterday, a freind of mine reminded me, “God has you exactly where He wants you.”  This simple statement  helped me understand, He is with me. Sometimes God needs to discipline us because we are going down the wrong path.    This discipline can come in the form of hurt.  Is God trying to get your attention in the form of discipline?  Remember, He has you where He wants you.   He will work all things out for His glory, helping you become more like Jesus along the way.  Happy Holy Week!!! Can you imagine if Jesus would have lost heart and not gone to the cross for us? If He would have let bitterness grow instead of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment