Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Sin looses its grip

Nehemiah 9:17 "They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you preformed among them. They became stiff necked and their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery.  But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.  Therefore you did not dessert them,".  This verse really stood out to me today, I am remembering the draw I had to my old ways.   A couple days ago someone was gossiping, I was drawn to it even as I was being convicted to STOP!  I know better than to indulge in things that hurt me yet sometimes I am drawn to such things.   Sugar is a tuff thing for me this time of year too.  Gluttony is not okay just because it's Christmas.   The list of sin that tempt me that I fall back into is long.   But the love of God  is bigger and longer.   He gave us Jesus, our simple belief that He is our Savior rescues us from the bondage of sin.    My life is better here on this earth when I resist sin.  Sin enslaves me.   This Christmas is a good time to remember we are set free from sin and death by the powerful gift of Jesus!! Our God is forgiving, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.   This Christmas time let’s love Him back by seeking Him first!!😇🙏❤️🎄 The more we seek Him the less power sin has on us(James 4:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment