Thursday, July 15, 2021

Holding the tongue? True mercy

James 2:13 "because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful.  Mercy triumphs over judgment!    ......James 3:5 " likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.  6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body.  It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell."     Wow.  These verses are speaking loudly to me today.   When I am "judging" in my heart and then I speak against someone with  my mouth, I am being who I don't want to be.    Why is it so easy for me to play the holier then Thou card?   I say that I am a Christian but when I get judging and then speak out in judgment what does that say about me?    When I was married to my children's father.  I spoke out against him often, surprise surprise we got divorced.    My point is simple, I have learned that I need to hold my tongue and trust God in all things.  Wait patiently for Him and have true mercy in my heart toward others.   True mercy is to make sure I hold my tongue.    I hope you like this today too😇🦅🙏🌸❤️( unfortunately I have still not tamed my tongue).

No comments:

Post a Comment