Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Love of money? Whoa, whoa, whoa…

 Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,  "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."    So we can say with confidence, " The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"   These verses jumped out to me today because one of my students boldly proclaimed, " I love money!"  I immediately said, whoa, whoa, whoa....   what was that?    We stopped and talked about money being a tool, and even if we could use it to buy everything material this world has to offer, we would still be left empty .   Money and stuff can only satisfy for a moment.  Peace and joy comes from God through Jesus Christ.   This peace, His love, Mercy and Grace are what gives us deep love and joy.  This deep love, joy and TRUST in Jesus is what brings us true contentment.    We can enjoy this contentment everyday no matter what because He has promised; " Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you!"    😇🙏❤️🦅🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment