Friday, October 28, 2022

Frosting frenzy

I just ate frosting for breakfast!!  Okay.  There was a little cake attached but not much.   I don’t really like cake.  But I love frosting.  

Usually I  eat the cake to get to the frosting but today, I had a lot of left over cake and didn’t want it to go to waste so,,,,,,,I ate the rest of the frosting with a little cake attached for breakfast.   I enjoyed it but I will be paying for that.     Sugar causes inflammation in our bodies.   This inflation makes my arthritis act up.   I know better then to OD on sugar but sometimes I ignore what I know and do want I want.   Problem is what I really want is good health and when I make temporary indulgences I jeopardize my overall good health.    Now I think it’s reasonable to have a treat.   But over the top is gluttony.      I like the saying, “A moment on the lips, forever on the hips”.    I could have thrown the cake and frosting away.  A friend of mine once s said, “It’s in the waste or around your waist,  your choice.”.  Romans 8:18 is a good motivation to put off temporary pleasure for eternal rewards.    Many things bid for our temporary pleasure,  that are simply not good for us.  Today, let’s let Gods word guide us in discipline!!! 😇🙏♥️🦅 Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment