Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Sin is sin

John 8:7 "When they kept on questioning Him, He straightened up and said to them, " If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."     Jesus is speaking here about the woman caught in adultery.   It is easy to judge others if they have loud sins. Murder, adultery, stealing to me seem like loud sins.   Sin is sin.    Jesus said if we hate in our hearts   We have committed murder, he said if we lust after an other man's wife we have committed adultery.   Each of us have issues in our hearts.  I'm thankful the loud sins of my past are not as much of a temptation for me now, but sin is my constant battle.  The condition of my heart is something I always need to train.    I train my heart by reading Gods word and seeking His ways and wisdom in my life.   I ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in my readings and in my life.   Then I try really really hard to listen and have a pure heart.   When I get a little haughty thinking somehow I'm better then someone else that is in a loud sin.   I try to stop and have compassion.  Sin is quick.  It can over take me in a moment.    I know what it's like to fall into the "Loud" sins.   I know what it's like to fall into the , culturally acceptable sins.   Jesus died on the cross to forgive us all our sins and give us a right standing with God.   Today, if you're tempted to be judging, take a look at your own heart and accept the forgiveness Jesus died to give you and extend that forgiveness to others๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™♥️๐Ÿฆ…

No comments:

Post a Comment