Proverbs 29:23 “A man’s pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.” I used to think of pride, only in a way that states; “Look at me!” Pride is also needing things to be; “My way”. Lowly in Spirit doesn’t mean lowly. Actually it can mean quite the opposite. Often the lowly person, is the quiet, constant, knowledgeable person in the room. When I run in my pride, I end up working really hard and not getting anywhere. When I walk in humility, trusting God’s way over mine. I slowly get to where He is leading me. I compare this pride/humility, walk, with a tortoise and the hair. Sometimes I’m the tortoise and sometimes I’m the hair. Always better to walk humbly with our Lord than prideful in ourselves. So easy to say, so hard to actually do. Pslam 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." Are you beating your head against the wall in your pride? Turn it over!!
No comments:
Post a Comment