Thursday, May 12, 2022

Don’t look back with rose colored glasses.

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old is gone the new has come!   When I first quit drinking my kids would remind me of the stupid things I did when I was drinking and expect me to act the same.   I would tell them,"That was the old Mom, I'm a new mom!!" I meant it with all my heart.  When Jesus took away my desire to drink and all that went with it He replaced it with a desire to put Him first,

 and be part is the solution not the problem.  I felt like I was a brand new person!  Praise the Lord!!  Jesus changed my heart and my desires.  In order to avoid backsliding; I have to control my thinking.  I need to stay reading the Bible and fellowshipping with like minded people to stay strong in my transformation.   It is so easy to backslide in my thinking.    Going back to drinking or any of the other behaviors I want to stay away from all starts with thinking on those fleshly desires and not on seeking God first trusting Him every step of the way.   Sometimes, often...I have to use the prayer, " Lord I believe, help me with my unbelief."  He is mighty to save!   When I have stinking thinking, it's best for me to stop and remember who I am in Jesus.  Thank Him and stay strong and in the new life he has given me not looking back  with rose colored glasses upon things that didn't work.   Hope this helps you to remember to walk in your new creation even when you're tempted to look back. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™❤️๐ŸŒธ


No comments:

Post a Comment