Thursday, May 19, 2022

Less is more

James 3:17 “But the wisdom that comes from Heaven is first of all pure;then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.  18 Peace makers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”   

In James 3 it talks about two different kinds of wisdom.   It says; show your wisdom by your good life and deeds done in humility.    As I read this today it made me take pause.   Am I walking a good life in humility?  Or do I harbor envy and selfish ambition?  Yesterday I celebrated my 60th Birthday.   I was all about me yesterday.   Which reminds me; that can only lead to emptiness.  I had a truly blessed day and I’m thankful for all of it.   But it was a bit of a selfish day.   So today I am sitting in a quandary, how can I stay in humility,  Godly wisdom and peace if I’m so busy fitting it all in?    When I “ fit it all in”, I don’t have time for His peace.     The theme for my 60s is “less is more”! His peace not my business.  I hope this helps you too😇🙏❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment