Saturday, May 28, 2022

Opposite of love is not hate it’s selfishness

In my Billy Grahm devotional this morning I read a quote, "The opposite of love is not hate. It's selfishness."   That really struck me.   I like to do things my way and for my satisfaction often.   When I get irritated inside, it's often because I want my loved ones to fit into my plans,  not plan around my loved ones.      Today, I have to stop  and ask myself, am I walking in love?    Jesus said; John 15:12 "Love one another as I have loved you."  He loves us unconditionally, all the time with a sacrificial heart ❤️.  Pretty tall order......."Hope for each day" suggests this prayer;"Lord forgive me for the times I have chosen self, over service or a grudge, over grace.   Give me a love that sees others as more important than myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment