Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Chasing Rainbows?

Galatians 5:16 "Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh."   This weekend I went chasing rainbows again.  I didn't take the time to pray asking God to direct my path.  I didn't pray,  then open the Bible to see what Bible verse could guide me through the decision.   I did get a clear message as I prayed and then read a devotional; “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do."   I read this and was convicted of the choice I should make.  I had peace about it.....then I went chasing rainbows anyways and chose the thing that maybe could be a "new kind of fun". Of course my day wasn't fulfilling.   I was sad I made the choice I made.   I do that to often.  Pray, ask God then don't listen to what He has for me.   I may pray and ask and then not hear an immediate answer so I do my own thing and pretend it'll be blessed by God.     Today, I am motivated to be more diligent in walking in the Spirit so I won't go chasing the lusts  of my flesh.  Today may each of us be filled  with His Spirit, so we can have the discipline to listen and obey😇🙏🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment