Friday, November 4, 2022

Sincerity of heart toward what is right

Galatians 4:18 “It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you.”   Be zealous for the “right things” always, not just when someone is looking.   Have sincerity of heart for what is good, pure, lovely…..have sincerity of heart in love.   When I was married I was kind to my husbands face but I would bad mouth him, behind his back.   Wow.  That was horrible.  It truly hurt my sincerity of heart toward him and We eventually divorced. If I could go back in time I would have talked to him and Jesus, alone about our issues.  When I was a fire fighter I would warn the young married people not to bad mouth thier spouses at the kitchen table or pretty soon that spouse would be getting half their stuff, pension, and custody of their kids.  Learning to speak well of people even when you are angry with them is an important life skill and it’s extremely important so we can have a loving sincerity of heart towards them.   

“True love is an act of the will—a conscious decision to do what is best for the other person instead of ourselves.”

Billy Graham.     Love is intentional!! Love is a feeling yes, but not always.   True Love is a choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment