Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Slave to sin?

Romans 6:12 "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires."  Sugar is one of my additions.   It’s not destroying my life but once in a while I notice I’m up a few pounds and when I look at why it’s usually because I have given myself permission to lose control.   With alcohol I can simply decide to stay away from it.   With sugar, I have to take control.  Sugar is in many foods.  Our bodies turn Carbs into sugar.  Medical experts identify sugar. As one of the most addictive substances, so I am not alone in this battle.    Gluttony is a sin. Our bodies are temples not trash cans, but sometimes the way I shovel in the crap, I certainly am not treating my body as a temple.   Discipline is a gift of the Holy Spirit.     With the Holidays coming there will be more sweets available to indulge in.   How will you handle it?   Personally, I want to try a lot of the special delicacies that are only available this time of year.   So my plan is to only eat the special treats after dinner and to savor every bite when I do.   I usually disciple myself this way. I enjoy an 8 pm treat.   I’m not recommending it to everyone, but for me it works.   I  allow myself the treat but I don’t allow myself indulgence.  When I start with sugar mid day I have a much harder time stopping.   One little Hershey kiss turns into 6 in a few minutes.   It’s like being a slave to chocolate.   Crazy huh?    Today I will try again to be a slave to righteousness desiring to do what will help me and help others above the sin that can easily hurt me and others.   Hope this helps you today too😇 Control the cravings for what you really don’t want. Even though you think you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment