Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Gossip is a poison

Proverbs 16:28 "A perverse man stirs up dissension and a gossip separates close friends."   Gossip, complaining and blaming are things that produce a poisonous venom in our souls.   It's alluring to fall into it... Even now after years of trying to follow the teachings of Jesus if I here someone talking about someone else.... my ears perk up and I can feel the pull of...."I want to know".    Sin is alluring and we can justify bit so easily.   I've heard people say I'm only listening so I know how to pray for that person.....hypocrite!!! We can pray for people without knowing the gossip about them.   Often gossip is entirely false anyways.   Proverbs 17:22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."  Today I will combat my deceitful tendencies by being thankful for what I have and thankful of the good in others even when their bad is loud!πŸ˜‡.   Thankfulness helps me have cheerfulness, so does genuine love, respect and kindness towards others while firmly TRUSTING God.πŸ˜‡πŸ™♥️πŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment