Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Mess to message

Proverbs 19:11 " A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

Proverbs 19:21"Many are the plans of a man's heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."   I like reading Proverbs.   An easy way to get in the Bible each day is to read one proverb a day.  Chapter 19 is filled with wisdom. I especially like the advise not to take offense!!! When I was a drinker I used to take offense easily.    I felt like people,”Had it out for me”.  I didn’t realize with alcoholism came paranoia.  I’m thankful to be clean so the constant “fog” doesn’t distort reality .    I do sometimes live in fantasy land, hoping for things that are likely not for me.  How silly, I’m not God and even though sometimes I think I have things figured out.  I’m often quickly reminded I can’t see the big picture, God can.    Yesterday I was working with a friend in recovery.   If I hadn’t have gone through all I’ve gone through I couldn’t have pointed her to real Hope in Jesus.  God takes our mess and turns it into His message.   Today I hope not to take offense in what ever crazy thing happens and to remember it’s God’s eternal plan not my limited knowledge one that works!!   Hope this helps you today too go through what you are going through for His glory!!πŸ˜‡πŸ™♥️πŸ’ƒπŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment