Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Encourage don’t commiserate

1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one an other and build each other up, just as in fact as you are doing."    I am so thankful for the encouragement I'm getting.   Encouragement helps so much more than commiserating.    The world is quick to commiserate with each other acknowledging, "that's so hard, you don't deserve that..... That's not fair....   those types of word don't help at all.   If we commiserate we are like jumping in a capsizing boat.  It just makes the boat sink quicker.   I love it when my friends encourage me.   Especially when they use the Word of God.  Philippians 4:14 " I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."    I have a freind who was going to get divorced.   All of her other friends and family jumped in her sinking ship telling her He was a butt head.   I said, it's true.  He is a butt head.  But we are all butt heads.   You can chosen to forgive him like Christ forgave you.  She chose to look to Jesus and he did too, today they are still happily married.   Life is hard marriage is hard, we need to encourage each other.  When we do it's like having teammates helping us finish and win the race!!😇🙏♥️🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment