Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Fully alive here and then

 John 11:25 "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.  Do you believe this?"   He is the resurrection and the life!!  Not only the eternal life but our life today in our hear and now!!   I was so dead in my trespasses and sins then He helped me quit drinking and freed me from the guilt and shame that I deserved.    I remember that when I quit I thought I'd be a really good person as long as I didn't drink.   Truth is I sobered up and I was still a sinner.  I still am a sinner.  The difference now is 1.  I truly do want to leave my sin behind me. 2.  I am not defined by my sin!  Jesus took all my sins, yesterdays,todays and tomorrows on the cross and washes me clean from it all.   He does that for each of us!!! Plus in exchange, He  gives us His righteousness!!  God looks at us as righteous because of Jesus not as sinners!!   Out of my thankfulness I keep trying and trying  again to do what is right because most of my heart wants to do what is right.    I say most of my heart because there is still a part of me that wants what God doesn't want for me.   I am still a sinner, I can hardly wait tell I get to Heaven and there I will no longer be stricken with sin.    3.  We get to go to Heaven, when we die here on earth!!! Even though we die, we live!!! We fully live in this life and the next because of the glorious gift of Jesus Christ!!!😇🙏❤️🌸💃🚴🏾‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment