Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A glance becomes a gaze

Proverbs 23:31 " Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! 32In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper."  What are you gazing at?   What we set our attention on grows!  Many people struggle with food particularly sugar.  Personally I  don’t keep those “goodies” in the house.  It is really hard for me to go past a pan of brownies with out having”just a little”.   Pretty soon I look at the brownies and they are half gone, because I keep having “ just a little”.  First I gaze at them…. Then I eat them.    Sin is like that.    First we gaze at it, then we think….” Just a little……then.    Sin makes us feel separated from God.    Sin can be so alluring, we can gaze at it more than we gaze at God.     When this happens we are not only caught in the first sin we then become caught in the sin of idolatry as it becomes more important to us than God.   Ahhh.  What a slippery slope that starts with just a glance.     We all are tempted by different things, keep your eyes on Jesus. He is the author and finisher of our Faith!!  When a particular sin takes root in my life , my prayers is, “ Lord, I am sorry, I am desiring this sin more than I am desiring you.   I want to desire You Lord! Please Lord change my heart!   Let me desire you above all else, else especially this sin!”   God already knows when we have something ahead of Him,,,,, confess it and let Him help you!! He will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment