Monday, April 8, 2024

Doing Gods with a sinful desire?

1Peter 2:11 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12 live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us."   Sinful desires war against our very souls!!   When we "give in" to the desires of our flesh our "good deeds" are not what people see.   Recently  I did a " good deed" and then complained about it.   I decided I deserved a reward for my good deed and didn't get what my flesh said was what I should.  How crazy!!! When I do a good deed it is to be from a pure heart not of selfish ambition.   My sinful desires tarnished my good deed.    Dear Lord please grant us all pure hearts  that honor you in all we think, say and do!! 😇🙏❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment