Thursday, April 4, 2024

Secrets keep us sick. Be bold!!

Proverbs 28:13 "He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."   Proverbs 28:1. "The  wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion."    Our secrets keep us sick!!   We can’t attack unconfessed, unrepentant sin.   We are to be bold as a lion!! It takes courage to confess and turn away from sin especially the ones we find comfort in and enjoy.   Yes.  The “sins”we find comfort in and enjoy.   I did say that.    We can’t pretend that we don’t enjoy the sin that is holding us.   If we didn’t enjoy and find comfort in them, they wouldn’t be so hard to give them up and turn from them.   I spent 29 years wanting to turn from my alcoholism.   But I found comfort in it,  even though it was destroying everything I loved.     That’s the way it is with sin.  We all fight different sins at different times in our lives.   Openly confessing the sin takes away its power.   Jesus through His Holy Spirit helps us resist the sin and run to Him.    I’m not suggesting to share your dirty laundry with everyone, I am suggesting we each have the boldness to be able to confess and turn from the sins that so easily captivate us.   Do this by; “Clinging to the cross!!”   James 4;7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment