Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The company we keep

Proverbs 22:11 "He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for a friend." 

Proverbs 8:10-11 "Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, 11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare to her."   I am meeting many new people this week.  It is so special when I meet someone that appears to have a pure heart speaks kindly, intelligently and uses good language.   On the contrary it is disheartening when I meet someone with insincere motives,  is harsh and swears.   Bad company does corrupt good character.    If I hang around people that use perverse language I will start to hear that very language come out of my mouth.   I am not immune from letting the company I keep “ rub off” on me.    I think it’s important to BE the love of Jesus to ALL people.   It’s also very important to have our main support  people be seeking the same wisdom we want to seek. (1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be misled: “Bad company

 corrupts good character.”).  I  like this quote : “ You’re only lonely if you don’t like who you are alone with.”  Be careful the company you keep.😇🙏❤️. I find I can "feel" very lonesome when I am keeping " bad company".

No comments:

Post a Comment