Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Beating the air?

Romans 13:14 "Rather clothes yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful Nature." 

1 Corinthians 9:26 “Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”                                                           When I am truly seeking God first my behaviors follow.   If I'm thinking "Christ in me", I'm not as likely to "hog up" on the ice cream, gossip about my neighbor, or pursue the many other behaviors I want to keep a secret.   When I pursue the desires of my flesh, I am like the man running aimlessly or the one beating the air.    

No comments:

Post a Comment