Friday, May 10, 2024

Luke warm?

Revelation 3:15 " I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.   I wish you were either one or the other!   16 So, because you are Luke warm- neither hot nor cold- I am about to spit you out of my mouth.   ......19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.  So be earnest and repent."    Accepting certain sins because they are too hard to change makes me Lukewarm.   This acceptance of a sin,  I am convicted to change but lack the will and true desire to give it up makes me feel “Luke warm” toward God.    Sin does separate us from God.     I’d like to pretend it doesn’t but it does!    God gave us Jesus so we can repent, be forgiven and move on!!   Some sins take such deep root they are difficult to simply “ move on” from.   Gossip, complaining, gluttony, judgy attitudes, drunkenness, fornication, laziness……these are all sins I’ve battled.   If I’m truly honest they are always right here with me waiting for me to say….”it’s not a real bad sin, surely God doesn’t care if I do it a little.”    This attitude of accepting my sinful behavior,  pretending it’s not sin creates in me a luke warm attitude toward God.    How are you doing with your attitude toward God?   Are you hot, cold or Luke warm?

No comments:

Post a Comment