Monday, May 20, 2024

Avoid strife, don’t quarrel!

Proverbs 20:3 "It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel."     I live alone with my old dog.   I really don’t have anyone to argue with.   Single women  were determined to be the  happiest group of people in a research project comparing single men, single women, married men and married women.    Reading this verse today I’m reminded of that.  Second happiest group of people according to this research study was married men.   (I am assuming it’s because their wives have learned how not to pick an argument.( 😉lol). ).   We all have many different opinions about many different subjects.   When I am in groups of people I can want to force my points of view on them.  This is like trying to pick a fight. The opposite of being love. Love people where they are at!!   Jesus said, “A new command I give you: love one another,as I have loved you, so you must love one another.” ( John 13:34). Avoid strife!! Don't start quarrels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment