Monday, December 26, 2022

Be careful in the Crash

 Psalm 37 is my focus this morning.  Lots of great verses in this beautiful Psalm.  8 "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it only leads to evil".  Yesterday we had a family tragedy, sometimes horrific things happen, we were in the middle of our Christmas gathering, so I put on my Fire Fighter hat and pretended everything was fine.   When you are an emergency worker or a health care worker you have to learn to deal with the horrible and move to the next thing.  The problem is we need to deal with things and not sweep them under the rug.  Fire Fighters, Police, Military personnel, health care …… we all have to learn to do things like scrape the brain matter off your shoes and then put a smile on your face and be strong in your next emergency.     The crash will happen in your quiet times.  Today, as I read Psalm 37 it’s helping me in my crash.   Helping me not be angry, helping me know God’s got this.  Helping me wait upon the Lord.  The family tragedy was our precious 21 year old family cat was murdered by my sons dog, in my house.  I have read on line that if a dog kills a domestic cat in your home it can’t be trusted around children.  Tragedy happens in a moment, you can replay the scenario in your mind over and over wishing for a different outcome.  But we can’t change 5 minutes ago anymore then we can change 5 or 50 years ago. The person I always get maddest at is myself.   Psalm 37:8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret- it only leads to evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment