Friday, December 2, 2022

Peace in the Valley for me someday

John 12:23 "Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.  24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies it remains only a single seed.  But if it dies, it produces many seeds."   This verse is helping me see how God is using my moms life as a witness for Him.   Yesterday, I called her life insurance company to get information on a small policy I took out to help with her burial expenses.   On the other end of the phone the young man was a mess knowing I was calling about my dying mother.   He said, “Oh no that makes me shake, I will hope that you call me on her next birthday.” I said,"no she has no fear in death, she is going to Heaven she doesn't want to stay here anymore she wants to be with Jesus and her loved ones that have passed in Him.  Staying in this world is not her desire."   He was surprised at my answer and then, I shared the simple gospel to explain, why my mom has no fear in death.  She said, "I have peace such great peace."   This man explained that he is a Muslin.   He said, " all religions are basically the same."   I said, No, Christianity is the only one where you can Know you're going to Heaven every other is a hope so.   With my moms complete peace in her passing and the deep change in her heart she is planting seeds for Jesus with each person who visits her.   It's such a miracle.  I saw the same thing happen when my Grandma Muzzy passed.  Much of our family turned From; Sunday faith, to a real and ever lasting faith in Jesus as their personal Savior.  I  told mom, “This is crazy!God is using you like He used Grandma Muzzy, and you’re no Grandma Muzzy.  I'm so glad!!   She smiled and shook her head yes.    See my mom, just like each of us had much she could feel guilt and shame about.  But She has been freed of her sin and has received the righteousness of Jesus Christ and is on her way to Heaven.   Praise the Lord!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment