Monday, November 13, 2023

Sluggard?

"Proverbs 13:4 "The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but desires of the diligent are fully satisfied."   Monday, Monday....brand new week, will we get our work done?   I'm a procrastinator.   I stay "busy" during the day but I loose focus and go in many different directions so I don't get important work done.   As I read this verse my procrastination is reminding me of being a sluggard.  I have found if I do the things I have to do first, I am much more productive.   If I "Put things off", often they don't get done or when I do them I give it a half hearted attempt.     I long to do things well, when I walk in procrastination or laziness I am not doing things well.   When I don't do things to my best ability I feel embarrassed about my efforts.  Therefore, I don’t want to do things.  It's a vicious circle.  Today is   Monday.   A great day to start fresh for the week.  My goal is to keep a good calendar and be diligent about getting things done, even if I don’t,”feel like it”.  Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  Be inspired to give today your best shot, don't let your day shoot you 😇

No comments:

Post a Comment