Friday, March 22, 2024

Shrinking Back?

Hebrews 10:37 "He who is coming will come and not delay. 38 But my righteous ones will live by faith.  And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him."  39 But we are not those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Shrinking back is not walking in faith.  Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."    I heard a sermon of Charles Stanley.    He said, "The only thing worse than waiting on God, is wishing you had."    I am a type A personality, I am full of going out ahead of God and then asking him to bless my mess.   Waiting on God, being patient and trusting His way is a constant battle for me.  I always come up with a “ Kimberly plan” shrinking back in my faith.  I think “I” need to help God.   In the middle of the word “pride” is the letter "I".  In the middle of the word “sin” is the letter "I".    Today, I will be trying to let go of what "I" want and intentionally  want,  what God has for me.    This is my constant battle.    I spent a lot of time as a young adult in self help books, studying making things happen and taking charge of my destiny.  Truth is when I surrender that is when I'm the most successful.  ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™❤️.  Don’t shrink back.   God knows what He is doing!!  Walk Boldly in Faith today and always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment