Thursday, September 12, 2024

Can you throw a stone? Likely not!!

John 8:7 "When they kept on questioning Him, He straightened up and said to them, "If anyone of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

It’s so easy to look at other people’s faults, and think somehow I'm not as bad.  When  I was still a functioning alcoholic, I would justify my drinking by pointing out how others were worse than I was.   Wow!!! My kids certainly didn't care that others were worse than their mom.    They had to suffer through having a practicing alcoholic as their mother until  they were 12 and 14.   They had it bad.  It didn't matter that others may have had it worse.  The only way I get better behavior, in my life is to listen to the Holy Spirt and read the Bible.   I try not to compare my sins with other people’s sins, as to somehow justify my insanity.   I try to let the Holy Spirit and the words of the Bible convict me of what I need to do or not to do.    I constantly fall short.   I just keep trying.   This constant reflection helps me stay humble when I compare myself to others I am walking in pride. Today be inspired to take the plank out of your own eye before you try to remove the speck from your brothers’.   Let’s walk humbly with our God without thinking that somehow our own sins don’t count as much as someone else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment