Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Will you stand Or coward?

John 13:38 "Then Jesus answered, "Will you really lay down your life for me?  I tell you the truth, before the roster crows, you will disown me three times."” I can "feel” very spiritual during praise and worship, reading my Bible and praying.   I can “feel” like I would lay down my life for Jesus.   I sometimes imagine facing being martyred for my faith.  Would I truly have the guts, the courage to stand strong?     I can imagine that I would.    Then while having a conversation with strangers and sometimes even with my friends I’m not as bold in my faith as I know the Spirit is promoting me to be.     If I cave to being politically correct in my speech will I truly, stand for Jesus when the going gets tough?      I pray that I have the courage today in my speech and my actions to be the woman God created me to be even if I don’t “feel” like it.   I hope to practice courage in Christ today,  so I can stand strong in all things in all times .   That includes resisting the sins that seem acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment