Tuesday, February 28, 2012

fit Bit ( Lent )


Fit Bit (Stay on track with Lent)
Question:  I had good intentions with my Lent promise, but I have already blown it.  I feel like giving up.  I can never seem to change my life.  When is your next program?

ANNswer:  You don’t have to change your life, let God change your life.  It doesn’t matter if you are on track with giving up “ X “ for Lent.  What’s important is you are trying to honor God with your life, by staying in a relationship with Him.  This occurs in the heart when you continually remember Jesus loves you, and is with you always.  
Mathew 28:20  “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  Amen.

Accepting the love of Jesus, His continual and constant forgiveness is the life changer.  This is what FREES us of bondage.  If we give up something for Lent and mess up how is that different then messing up in any other part of our lives?  Jesus came in the flesh and died on the cross for us because we are all mess-ups.  Even though we are all mess- ups, He washes us clean, day in and day out.  This is the life changer.  Don’t worry about how many times you mess up.  Call on His strength and keep on keeping on.

The next program will start after Lent, don’t wait just get back on track today and do what is most important;

Honor God.  Accept His love and forgiveness through Jesus and keep on keeping on.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




SIDE NOTE:

I find it easier to stay connected with God when I read His word (the Bible) daily, pray continually and surround myself with other radically believing Christian friends.

I too have messed up my Lent promise; I wanted to give up sugar; sugar is in many things.  I have amended my promise to give up sweets. I still put flavored creamer into my coffee.  I forgot and ate a fortune cookie yesterday.  God doesn’t love me any less; when He sees me He sees the righteousness of Jesus because I have asked Jesus to be my savior.  With Jesus as your savior He sees you as beautiful.  Don’t let the enemy tell you a lie.
*I don’t think we need to give up anything for Lent; I do it because it helps me focus on honoring God. Fasting behaviors that hurt me during Lent, helps me establish better habits in my life year round.  During Lent I feel an extra motivation. *




No comments:

Post a Comment