Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent (Honor God)


Fit Bit (Honor God in your body)

Today is the first day of Lent.

When I think of Lent I think of a time to honor God.  Many of my Catholic friends give up something during Lent.  I decided to try this a few years back and found it to be a powerful tool, to be more dedicated to my relationship with God.  Have you ever tried to fast a food or behavior to honor God during Lent?  The first year I tried this I gave up ice cream.  When I was tempted to eat the ice cream, I would tell myself, “ I love God more then ice-cream, I can do this for 40 days to honor Him.”  I found an added internal strength to treat my body as His temple. Since that time I have implemented various behavior modifications, which have helped me live my life, more in line with His word.    Is there somewhere in your life that you could be more pleasing to God?  If so why not be committed to that change this Lent season?

This Lent season, I am going to give up sugar.  I have a couple of friends joining me.  Would you like to join me in this Lent Challenge?  You can pick sugar or any other behavior that you feel led to fast.   There is a tremendous amount of benefit in fasting and praying.  Let us all be, a bit more dedicated to our relationship with Jesus this Lent season.  I am attaching an invitation to my Fit Bit group on Face Book and you can also follow the Lent challenge on my blog.  I also have the Lent Challenge in its entirety document, I will send you if you request it from me.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17  “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLETH IN YOU? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are?”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment