Thursday, February 16, 2012

HEALTHY and WELL (stretch 3)


Healthy and Well (stretch 3)
Did you add five minutes of stretching yesterday?  Or is this all starting to feel like too much?

Remember, when you feel stretched…GOD.

If we don’t stretch, our muscle tighten up and we can mot perform well.  We get back aches, neck aches, knee and shoulder pains.  As these pains become more prevalent, we shorten up our range of motion and continue to fall into the pain cycle.  Youth covers this up, middle age starts to feel it, and by older age many can hardly walk.   Do not let this cycle be you. STRETCH!!!

Stretch all your major muscle groups.  Torso, chest, back, neck, legs and arms each need attention.  I strongly encourage you to take five minutes, relax and stretch.
By taking this time you will reconnect with your physical body.  This is important for self-control.  When we relax and feel our muscles stretch we have an awareness of our bodies needs.  Our body needs discipline.  Stretching can help us connect to that need.

OK, so have I motivated you?  What is your plan?  How are you going to fit in those five minutes?  (For me, the things I need to do, I plan to do first thing in the am.)

1 Corinthians 9:27  “ But I discipline my body and I bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment