Monday, August 16, 2021

Recognize a toxic thought and repent

2 Corinthians 7:1 " Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."  I think what contaminates me the most can be my run away brain.    In the AA program we call it " Stinkin Thinking".  I have to be careful on how I think and repentant, with a sincere heart asking God to help my heart be pure and desire only what He desires for me.  πŸ˜‡  A dear friend of mine is Catholic and said it helps him to go to confession once a week.  As a Lutheran I have been taught to take my confessions right to Jesus.  Confession is important to our souls   2 Corinthians 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leads no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. ".    I am so thankful God has put a desire in my heart to continually recognize toxic thoughts and actions and try my best to let them go and press forward daily with a renewed, forgiven spirit!!!   2 Corinthians 5:17” Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone the new is come!”    Confession and accepting Jesus forgiveness is the basis of my health and Welness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment