Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Got a log in your eye?

Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,"Let me take the speck out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye. ". This weekend I realized I was holding my sister to a higher standard then I was living.  We have been living together for a few months and recently my heart started criticism, when we talked about the" little things" that I was getting annoyed with she pointed out I do the same things and possibly to a greater degree.   Wow.  I was trying to take the speck out of my sisters eye while all the time I had a plank in my own.   People who are married have the benefit of  their spouse helping to sharpen their saw.   I've been single for many years and I am now realizing how potentially difficult I can be.   I think it's cool how God uses our present situations to teach us to be more like Jesus.   Today, my heart is full of love and compassion as I realize none of us are perfect in fact we all fall short all the time.   Have compassion, grace and mercy for yourself and others.    ...... keep trying the journey is worth itπŸ˜‡.  We are saved by grace not by works but truly trying to be more like Jesus seems to keep me humble and I think easier to live with.   ❤️πŸ™πŸ¦…πŸŒΈ

No comments:

Post a Comment