Saturday, April 30, 2022

Ever present help and strength in trouble…. We can do this!!!

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. 2Therefore we will not fear, though the Earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,3 though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."....10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth. ". 11The Lord almighty is with us The God of Jacob is our fortress. "

Reading Psalm 46 today I'm reminded that no matter what I face God is bigger.  He is with me fighting for me and with me, I need not lose heart, or give into defeated thoughts.   I am more then a conqueror in Jesus Christ even when the battles promise to be tough.    My mom has been falling a lot lately, the doctors have done everything they can do.  A dear friend of mine just went through this with her father.   She is a much more patient lady, then I am.    I really don't want to deal with this.....my friend reminded me, it is a privilege to spend mom's final time with her.   This final time could be a long time.  The battle looks daunting.   Then Psalm 46.   God is my refuge and my strength, ever present help in trouble.....Be still and know that He is God!!     We all face battles we would prefer to avoid... Don't tell God you've got a big problem, tell your problem you've got a big God.  We can do all things Through Christ who gives us strength! ( Philippians 4:13).  We are never alone! ( Mathew28:20)

When I first quit drinking it seemed pretty daunting too…..one day at a time, He gives us enough for one day at a time

Training for my first Marathon, College Sports, Ironman, Chattajacks.  All seemed daunting,  all have been very doable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment