Monday, May 1, 2023

The company we keep

 The company we keep.......is so very very important!   2 Peter 3:17 "Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this be on your gaurd so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ  To Him be the glory both now and forever!  Amen."   "Don't be carried away by the error of lawless men."   The company we keep influences us.  There was a kindergartener that couldn't stop swearing.   The boy was sent to the principals office over and over again.   He cried and said, " I just want to be a good boy, why can't I be a _____ good boy.     What's wrong with this_______.  I just want to be a good boy.    This child longed to be good but obviously he didn't know how to talk without swearing.  Likely that is how His parents spoke. He simply didn't know any different.  When picking friends for our "inner circle ", be careful.    When I quit drinking I had to get new friends that lived sober.  If I would have stayed in my old circles I would have stayed in my old ways.    

No comments:

Post a Comment